Chloephaga is the sheldgeese genus in the bird family Anatidae.
- Andean Goose, Chloephaga melanoptera
- Magellan Goose or Upland Goose, Chloephaga picta
- Kelp Goose, Chloephaga hybrida
- Ashy-headed Goose, Chloephaga poliocephala
- Ruddy-headed Goose, Chloephaga rubidiceps
Diet / Feeding:
Geese feed mainly on plant material. When feeding in water, they submerge their heads and necks to reach aquatic plants, sometimes tipping forward like a dabbling duck. Flocks of these birds often feed on leftover cultivated grains in fields, especially during migration or in winter.